Reaching out into our communities is vital to our organization,
developing relationships with community leaders, media, school faculty
and local civic groups can greatly assist each post in achieving the VFW
POST 10125 COMMUNITY SUPPORTED ACTIVITIES
- Members work with the VA Hospital to provide furniture to previously homeless vets
- Visit the vets that are hospitalized at the soldier’s home in Yountville, CA and at the Mather VA Hospital.
- Staff the information desks (2) at the Mather VA Hospital.
- Supports the California blood bank.
- Supports the Cordova food locker with volunteers and funds.
- Supports the Cordova Pride activities on July 4th.
- Support and give recognition to the Firefighters, Law Enforcement officers, and EMT in the local area.
- Supports our National and State programs.
- Members participate in the Highway CleanUp Program - Hwy 50 between Sunrise and Zinfandel
- Gets involved with selected community activities that are within the Post's capabilities. i.e. Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts.
- Provide support to the Sacramento area 'standdown' program ( homeless vets ) with donations and volunteers.